Thursday, October 12, 2006

hit and run bastards

My little sister was involved in a hit and run accident yesterday afternoon. She was walking across from the southwest corner of 5400 South and Redwood road to the southeast corner and some guy turned left on westbound 5400 South into Redwood and hit her!

She was knocked onto the ground the driver of the white sedan didn't even hit the break. An old couple saw what happened and called the police. I was later told that because my sister was carrying a big wooden drawing board, the car actually knocked on the board and pushed her onto the ground. She had some bruises and scratches and she's now sore all over, but overall she's not in any immediate pain.

I was surprised that the police didn't call me when they arrived at the scene. My sister is 17 and still a minor. I called the PD to get the case number and I'm expecting a call from the officer in charge today.

I drove my sister to the ER last night because she complained about the numbness on her right wrist and her joints were really sore. The doc checked her out and did't think anything was broken, so that was good. For some reason she's still feeling really sore this morning I let her stay at home instead of going to school.

With the recent few reported hit and run cases in SLC, the city is trying to educate the community and drivers about the seriousness of hit and run. I hope the police is still investigating the accidents and get the bastards that hit and run.

No comments: