Saturday, July 14, 2007

all those lattes

John and I usually go to Seattle for coffee related conventions or meetings, and while this latest trip out there was to relax, we had to have coffee as always!

Seattle is known for great coffee culture, and there are plenty of cafes and coffeehouses as well. There are a few that are more highly regarded in the coffee community, and we tried to hit some of them this time.

We were able to get to Victrola (on Pike), Vivace, Lighthouse, 7, Zoka, and Espresso Works, and I had the smallest latte in each shop (and something else in some of them), but I'm just going to write about the lattes this time.

victrola

I love the latte at Victrola. The Espresso was balanced, and the beautiful latte art as I expected.

vivace

The latte tasted a bit off. I usually love Schomer's espresso... so I thought it might have been because it was late at night and the barista was a bit tired.

lighthouse

The small latte at Lighthouse is served in a glass tumbler. Very unusual, and cool. The whole drink is very balanced and yummy. And I loved the chocolate pastry.

7

7 was the "new kid on the block" recommended to us by Keith at Victrola. The latte was smooth and calm. hmmm.

zoka

I was really hot when we got to Zoka, so I got a small iced latte. It was ok... or I coulnd't really make proper accessment because I was overwhelmed by the big shop and the many people and laptops. Did I mention the shop was very BIG?

espresso works

Espresso Works supposedly brews coffee from different top roasteries in Seattle. Didn't know which espresso this latte was made of... umm. Let's leave it like that.

We had a great time talking with Keith the roaster at Victrola, and Sean at 7 (OK, John did most of the talking, and I was just mostly stealing his drinks). They are both great, knowledgeable, and passionate people... made me feel happy I'm in the industry.

No comments: