Tuesday, April 03, 2012

braised beef tendons

John and I have been using our electric pressure cooker quite a bit, and I am really enjoying the super speedy cooking power it provides. Many dishes that require hours and hours in the slow cooker/Crock Pot can now be cooked in very short amount of time! So yes I love my electric pressure cooker!

I think one of the hardest things to cook is beef tendons, especially when I want to make it super soft, flavorful, and melt-in-your-mouth. I believe it takes at least 7-8 hours if people want to cook beef tendons the conventional way, but with our pressure cooker it only took about an hour and a half!

John is usually in charge of our pressure-cooker cooking. This last batch of braised beef tendons he made me was super delicious!



3 oz. rice wine + 3 oz. soy sauce + 6 oz. water + a small handful of rock sugar + little bit dark soy sauce for "coloring" + ginger slices + spicy broad bean paste with 2 lbs. cut-up beef tendons (boiled for a couple minutes to remove excess blood(!) prior to placing in pressure cooker) = yumminess!

Yummy on rice or noodles!

Thanks John! :D

1 comment:

Delicious said...

Hi pressure or low pressure?