Tuesday, July 18, 2006

the best ramen ever!

John was studying one of our traditional Japanese cuisin recipe book and saw this ramen soup stock recipe and wanted to give it a try.

He modified the recipe slightly and cooked konbu, pork ribs with bones, onions, chicken thighs... (and I should have him varify all these some time) in the slow cooker for like a day and a half, and oh my, the stock smelled wondeful in the whole kitchen.

Last night he chopped up some pork he marinated in miso, mixed with both red and yellow miso, and added some other spices and made a pork "paste".

I helped cooked some yellow ramen noodles, and John mixed the miso pork paste with the stock and we made the best pork ramen ever!

1 comment:

Steven said...

This is one of the few times where I see actual homemade ramen.

Anyway, its really good to hear from you again. I hope everything is going well!