Wednesday, July 19, 2006

language school students are cool

A group of language school students from Internexus here in Salt Lake City came to our caffe with their teacher Gloria today.

I wish they would have called ahead, because when Gloria asked if John and I would talk to the students about our shop, the city, and some other stuff, it made me feel like saying, "I'm shy," again.

Jill who worked with me when I was teaching ESL at Horizonte brought her group of foreign students from Internexus to the store a few days ago, and apparently the students liked our little "presentation," so Jill recommended that Gloria brings her students to see us as well.

The students introduced themselves and listened to us talk about our little journey of opening the shop. I also told them about my own experience as a foreign students a few years ago, and recommended that they play their favorite American (English) movies over and over so they can listen to how the people speak and use the langauge. The students seemed convinced. :)

After answering a few questions, a lady from Korea told me, "Thank you for speaking. You speak very clearly. You sound like an anchor woman."

*blush* Ummm... I don't think I speak like an anchor woman, thank you, but "I'm shy."

No comments: