Thursday, September 28, 2006

communication


The other night I was watching House, where House was the first person who could communicate with an autisitic boy. He said, "You have to talk his language." I totally agree with him. I've noticed that when I could know how people react to things or learn, it's easier for me to talk to them... I guess that's when I "speak their language."

When I taught ESL at the Horizonte High School I didn't have a teaching certificate, and being a public school, the school usually coulnd't employ me, but I told them I was getting my M.Ed and I could understand the need of second-language-learners and their strength, and therefore I could teach them better. I spoke their language, I suppose. And yes I was hired and taught for two years.

Anyhow, it just got me thinking after the show, and boy, House rocks.

No comments: