Wednesday, September 13, 2006

competition

John sent out the application forms for the latte art competition for me today. The panels will choose 20 people among the applicants to go to the competition, so I'm not sure if I'd be selected yet. I'm sort of nervous, because I've never had formal training on latte art... I'm self-taught by studying clips of some cool people, and in this little city of Salt Lake it's hard to find someone who's as passionate about this art as I am to "jam" with me, or to guide me in perfecting my steaming or pouring techniques.

I usually only go into competitions knowing that I'm definitely going to win. I'm not quite confident about this one yet. I'm practicing anyhow, so I can continue to improve myself, and if I get to go to the competition, I will be more prepared by then.

The more I see the wonderful art some baristas pour, the more humble I become. There are many things I still need to learn, and there are many more art I need to pour...

At least it's a ton of fun!

No comments: