Monday, July 19, 2010

weekend funness

This past weekend was fun. Of course I wished I could have done more than I had, but overall it was pretty eventful!

First of all, I got to meet Thriving Ivory on Friday!!! The band came and had our coffees, and hung out at the caffe. I was so excited (but I stayed cool) and happy. Their touring manager would come and have our coffee when he's in Salt Lake City, but this was the first time the whole band came! Ahhhhhhhh!

And I've been trying to bake a little more these days. I hope one of these days I will be able to offer what I bake at the caffe and people would like and buy them.

So on the weekend I made my first batch of chocolate cupcakes from scratch!

chocolate cupcakes
Chocolate cupcakes.


I practiced frosting these cupcakes with marshmallow creme. Turned out pretty good!

And on Sunday my buddy Brian and us went to have dim sum. He's heading off back to Portland this week, so John and I wanted to hang out with him and talk... and what could have been better than dum sum on a Sunday afternoon?

brian


dim sum
Mmmm... dim sum.


After dim sum and long happy talks John and I went to visit Shuan and Daena. It was the first time I went to their house. It was a lovely home! Their dogs and cats were super friendly and happy as well. Made me happy.

margret
Margret is my new favorite cat!

schnitzel
Happy Schnitzel.

cordelia
Cordelia by the window, and posing for the photo.


I didn't get to take pictures of Abby and Tofu, but they were both very nice, too!

A very lovely weekend indeed.

Ahh I love baking. I love friends. I love animals. I love weekends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have two cordelia's of my own! happy baking. the cupcakes looked yummy, btw.

xo