Monday, August 16, 2010

icing stars

I started taking the Wilton basic cake decorating class last Tuesday, and it was a lot of fun. I actually knew the instructor back in college when I worked at the University of Utah post office!

Before the first class I was given a syllabus, with a list of tools I needed to bring. I could get a "student kit" for the basic class, but I also read if I got the Ultimate Decorating Set I would have all the tools I needed for all three cake decorating classes, plus a cool carrying case, and some extra stuff.

I went back and forth for a while, and decided to get the Ultimate set because I got a 50% off coupon from Michaels! What a deal! I just couldn't resist it. Plus I really would like to take all three classes in a row. This expense should get me motivated.


(photo from Wilton official web site.)


The first class I learned the basic stuff about the tools, cakes, different icings and such, and the first decorating action I learned was to make little stars.

And I went home and decorated some sugar cookies with little stars.



I think I'm really gonna enjoy these classes!

No comments: