Monday, May 14, 2012

korean jajangmyeon kit

The other day I was at the Korean market I spotted a Jajangmyeon kit. It looked very inviting, and I had been reading about it, so I thought I'd give it a try.



There were four packets in the kit - two packets of the noodles, and two packets of the sauce. The cooking instruction was simple and easy to understand:




One thing I did different from the instructions was that I boiled the sauce pouch first, and after that I used the same pot of boiling water to cook the noodles (because then I didn't have to wait for another pot of water to boil!)




The finished jajangmyeon was actually quite good!




Mmmmm. 

Since this I had also tried making jajangmyeon from scratch, but I had not yet made it even comparable to these store-bought kits. Hopefully I can make decent jajangmyeon soon and post about this fun adventure!

No comments: