Monday, January 21, 2013

Seoul 11.12 - Namdaemun Market

After getting my new pair of glasses, John and I walked around Namdaemun Market. Namdaemun Market is a fairly traditional market, where you can find different foods, clothing, and household items. It's not a hip or hot shopping spot for youngsters like Myeong-Dong, but it's a very "real" people's market where there are  many interesting things to see at Namdaemun Market in my opinion.

a sale on something... I'm thinking it was on winter coats.

Lots of street vendors selling fresh vegetables, kimchi, and cooked silkworm cocoons(!)

We also saw two fun guys selling soft pulled-honey-treats (with nuts.) They even threw a live candy-making show for us! We bought some honey treats with chopped almonds. Yummy.

Ladies selling fresh fruit, vegetables, and homemade treats and pickles.

We also saw quite a few people making meal deliveries where they carries the food on their head!

Mmm. Grilled rice cakes.

Toasted chestnuts!


There was more great food and snacks that I will tell you about in my next post. Namdaemun was fun!


No comments: