Saturday, February 23, 2013

Seoul 11.12 - going to see the Seoul Tower

My original plan after checking out Pink and wondering inside the Hoehyeong Underground Shopping Center was to walk to Myeongdong and have some delicious beef rice soups, but since both John and I were still really full after our ham hock lunch, we decided to head up to Seoul Tower first.

With the research I did about heading up to Namsan Seoul Tower, I knew we would want to find the glass elevator "Namsan Oreumi" first so we didn't have to hike all the way up to Namsan ("south mountain") to get to the Seoul Tower cable cars and see all the pretty things up there. (I didn't want to hike up because it was really cold and I was a wimp, but many choose to hike up the mountains because the scenery was spectacular.) 

From where we were (near Hoehyeong Underground Shoppnig and Namdaemun Market) I knew the easiest way for me to find the Namsan Oreumi elevator was to take Exit 6 at the Hoehyeong Station (subway). 

Escalator at Exit 6 inside Hoehyeong Station.

Once we got up to ground level from Exit 6 we could see Seoul Tower in the distance.

All we had to do then was to walk straight forward (uphill), and then we saw the monument and the Namsan Oreumi elevator was right there!

The Namsan Oreumi elevator would go up and down Namsan ("the south mountain") where Seoul Tower is. The elevator is made of glass so visitors can see the beautiful views of the city, as well as the mountain areas. 
Inside the elevator and going up the mountain.
Going up.
and up.
and up.
And very soon we were up in Namsan, and the Namsan Cable Car entrance was right there.


Time to walk up to get our tickets and ride in the cable car to see Seoul Tower!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi!

May I know how many minute you walk from Hoehyeong Station exit 6 to Namsan Oreumi elevator? I think this is easiest way.

Thank you.

yiching said...

I'm thinking it was within 10 minutes. It's been about 3 years since I was there so I'm not completely sure of it any more, but it was not far at all. It was the easiest and quickest way I found. Have fun!

yiching said...

I'm thinking it was within 10 minutes. It's been about 3 years since I was there so I'm not completely sure of it any more, but it was not far at all. It was the easiest and quickest way I found. Have fun!