Tuesday, January 24, 2006

the guy that sleeps on the parking lot

I was walking to my car and saw this lump close by the dumpster, in the middle of the parking lot this afternoon. I went closer and saw that the lump was a middle-age man. I said, "Are you all right?" He moved a bit and tugged his arm under a pile of clothes. I then said, "Do you want me to call the cops for you?" And he started snoring.

Mikey walked out the building and said that he was on the phone with the dispatch and that they are on their way.

I had to take a picture of the guy before the cops arrived. It was just weird. Weird and amusing in a strange way.

When the cops arrived a fire truck came too. Then an ambulance came. The cops tried to wake the guy but he seemed to be enjoying his nap a bit too much. They finally told him he could not sleep in our parking lot. He was grumpy but finally got up and started rolling his sleeping bag.

Kuko, the cool Mexican guy that works upstairs at Stoneground, walked passed all these, dragging a giant garbage can that was almost as tall as him, just smiled at us. Mikey said, "I wonder what Kuko thinks about all these homeless guys that wonder around town."

As far as I know, Kuko works 100+ hours a week. He's a tiny Mexican guy who's always doing stuff when I see him. And then there are these big homeless guys who would wonder around and cause troubles to the businesses in the area and the government agencies and the library across street. What had happened?

OK I've got to write something about the well and strong homeless guys on the street some time. And I will also interview Kuko and see what he says.


Oh, and the guy's name was Clark. That was what he told the cops. I hope you moved on and did something cooler later on in the day, Clark.

No comments: