Wednesday, May 03, 2006

my ear hurts

There was this little bump at the opening of my right ear and I thought it was a zit, and apparently I scratched it. It was not a zit, and after my not-so-smart-of-a-move scratches, it got a bit bigger.

It didn't really hurt, but it was there and it bothered me... plus I didn't know when exactly it would go away and that sucked. John made an appointment for me at the IHC clinic and I went to see Dr. Ord today.

Apparently the little bump started from a slightly clogged pore, and some infections went into place. The doctor had to numb my ear and cut my skin open to "drain" the infection. It hurt and I was mad.


After all was cleaned the doc stuffed a cotton ball in my ear. I can now hear myself very well. He also said, "It might hurt for a week or two." WHAT!

So he prescribed some antibiotics and ointment for me. Poor John, he'd have to hear me whine for a few days now.

No comments: