Monday, May 29, 2006

trio

We were hoping to go to Takashi's this Memorial Day, but he was closed, so we decided to go to Trio, since we've heard many good things about the place.

The restaurant was very nice. The decor was clean and sleak, and the little details really made me happy... the menu was lovely, the water pitcher was stainless steel with a towel wrapped around it, and the ticket holder was a simple and clean folded card with "trio" on the cover. Brilliant.

The food was all right. We got the clams as a beginner, and I got the Trio Meatball while John got the Baked Penne for our entrees. I was hoping that I could have the creme brulee for desert, but they were out, so I got the tiramisu cheesecake instead, and John got the other desert that was quite delicious, but whose name I could not quite remember.

The atmosphere was great, and I think it was mainly because of the service and the people. We had our beers with our meals, and on top of that our water glasses were never low. AND the servers are all pretty. ALL pretty. Most of the servers were guys and oi they were all very pretty! Both John and I agreed that when we open up our restaurant we have to hire all pretty people. No exceptions.

I enjoyed my visit to Trio. No Takashi's today, but Trio did it... or should I say the boys did it! ^__^

No comments: