Sunday, April 29, 2007

duvalin

John and I were at the store and I spotted these interesting Mexican Duvalin "candies". I didn't know Spanish, but on the box it said, "Dulce Cremoso Sabor Avellana Vanilla" was already enticing, and then I saw "Hazelnut and Vanilla Flavored Candy" at the bottom of the box. How could I resist it?

duvalin 001

I thought these Duvalin candies would be soft chewy caramel-like treats, but they are actually little disposable plastic containers with yummy hazelnut and vanilla "fillings"... I thought it was interesting that they were labeled as "candies," when I opened one of the little packs I didn't really know how to eat it.

So I licked the whole thing. It was yummy, and tasted like Nutella. I wouldn't call them candies myself because it's more like not-quite-so-sugary icing, but I guess any sweet yummy treats can be labeled as "candies"? Oh, and after I licked clean a few of the small packs I found the tiny little spoons that came with the box. Handy. I guess I don't have to lick these "candies" off their packs any more.

duvalin 002

3 comments:

Beadspinners said...

love this candy
Sweet and easy, and since I have dentures is easy to eat.
Not too much in one helping. But always available when I need a sweet fix.

Anonymous said...

My favorite candy ever!

Viva Mexico!

Anonymous said...

That totally sucks. I didn't know there were spoons in the box either. At least I learned before it was too late! Thank You!