Thursday, May 03, 2007

korean bulgogi

John and I are really diggin Korean food recently. I'm usually like this... I find something yummy and I want a lot of it. I remember at one point a few years ago I fell in love with Indian food, and yes, I'd have Indian food at least a couple times a week, and I also went to the market to find special curry powders and spices so I can make some "Indian food" at home.

Anyhow, I love Korean food these days... I haven't been going to Korean restaurants in town too much, but I managed to go to the Korean market to buy special sauce and Korean red pepper powders to make yummy dishes.

korean sauce

My newest favorite Korean sauce is this "Hoe & Spicy Marinade." From what I understand Koreans use this sauce to marinade their meats before they grill them, and they call it "Bulgogi." This sauce is amazing! It has Korean apple and pear in it, and of course, the red pepper powders.

This is how I use this Bulgogi sauce: I heat a little bit of olive oil and stir in some pork, and when the meat turns white, I poured in some rice wine and cover the pan and let it simmer for a few minutes until the meat is throughly cooked. I then add a tablespoon chopped garlic, a small can of sliced mushroom, and some frozen julienned color peppers. I then add some of the Bulgogi sauce (enough so it looks a bit "saucy", and voila! It's really yummy!

The first time I used this sauce I didn't add any vegetables, but used a lot more rice wine, and it was quite good!

korean sauce

I experimented with the new recipe with the color peppers, mushroom, and garlic last night. It was yummy, and more colorful!

bulgogi sauce

No comments: