Monday, September 10, 2007

10 years!

I ordered some food from Golden Isle and when I went and picked up the food the manager talked to me for a little bit. He introduced himself, saying that he had only been in the States for about 3 weeks. He then said, "Ah, you must have been in the U.S. for a while now." Hmm... did he get that from what I said?

Anyhow, that reminded me that today marks the 10 year anniversary from the time I came to Utah from Taiwan! On September 10th 1997, I dragged a huge suitcase, a huge military backpack, and a Teddy Bear, and traveled all the way to Salt Lake City. I was pretty young then, and thought I was all cool and "on my own."

In this past 10 years I've got both my bachelor's and master's degrees, taught in different schools, got married, started my own business, and broadened my horizons and expanded my social circles and experienced wonderful things. I've really grown! :p

Of course I'm still all silly, but I've really learned many things throughout the past 10 years! I think I'm a much smarter, or should I say wise? haha

I'm going to continue learning and being better for the future, so as not to let the past 10 years down!

No comments: