Saturday, September 01, 2007

lei cha - NOT!

My mom called me last night and sounded worried. She told me the can of "Lei Cha" she sent us was not Lei Cha. It was a mixture of ground mung beans, almond, and some sort of Chinese herb (I don't remember what exactly she said)... and it was a facial treatment for my sister. She said she totally forgot about it until she read my blog yesterday. She simply used the can as a container for the mixture.

Very nice. No one told me anything until then. I felt bad for John because I made him drink the whole 6 oz. of it and told him it was Lei Cha. I felt a bit stupid, and was not very happy about the fact that my sister did not say anything to me when she saw the "tea can" next to our other tea tins. Oh well.

Just to make me feel better, my parents told me the facial mixture was actually all natrual ingredients that were edible. I guess so. I'm just glad John and I didn't get sick.

So there it was. My first Lei Cha experience was not a Lei Cha experience after all. I guess since I sort of developed some minor interest for the tea (the real kind, of course), I may just find some just to give it a try soon.


On a bright side of this... Lei Cha is probably better than how we thought it was from yesterday's experience.

No comments: