Wednesday, November 18, 2009

sadface and madelines

Long story short: I cleaned up a spilled latte on the floor and twisted my lower back.

Hence the sad face.

sadface
Both John and a-gui made sad faces for the camera.


I stayed at home yesterday because I couldn't move very well, and it looks like I'm going to do the same today. I can still make yummy drinks, but it'll probably take a lot of time for me to get around and make stuff. John's been working very hard at the caffe all by himself. I say you go and see him, get a drink, and keep him company.

On a happier note, not too long after I twisted my lower back, I was only slightly feeling the pain and awkwardness, and I tried to cheer myself up... I baked my first batch of madeleines!

madeleines
They all had the little "bump" and all!


I might have filled each of the shells of the pan a bit too full, but I was happy there were "bumps" on my first madeleines.

Will stay at home for another day and get better.

No comments: