Tuesday, September 13, 2011

"crown" muffins

I had been struggling with making muffins with proper "muffin tops" that are rounded, tall, and delicious. The muffins I made (for the shop) this summer had been tasty, but with flattened tops. Sad.

But one day, I found a special muffin pan that's labeled as a "crown muffin pan." It doesn't even have a brand name on it... all it had was a bar code with a tiny line of words indicating what the pan was.

And it made all the difference!




These are almond-poppy seed muffins!


I made cinnamon-crumb cake muffins a few times, and look how HUGE this muffin top got! (The tip collapsed when I pulled the muffins out of the oven and knocked on the rack... otherwise it would have been rounded, too!)

So I say, getting good and cool bakeware is a wonderful thing to do.

No comments: