Friday, December 16, 2005

the little blue mug

We got these really gorgeous heavy duty blue mugs for the caffe. John is roasting our own beans now and we would like to start serving press pot coffee at the store right after Christmas.

These blue mugs are perfect for press pot coffee because they are thick-walled and of very high quality, and they are not too big. We actually tested fresh brewed press pot in various types of mugs and these worked the best! Its thick walls retain heat well so the coffee stays hot longer, and its compact size (10 oz.) is just right for the perfect cup... our press pot is going to be strong and very flavorful, and too much of it will be too overwhelming.

So the other day when we finally got the shipment of the mugs John was so excited I think he had 6 double Americanos in one of the mugs that evening. The next day he said, "You can use my cool blue mug." Ahhh.

And I have been using this little mug. I make little caffe latte in it too. I'm not quite used to pouring latte art in smaller and not-round-bottom cups so I think I'll have to be practicing in it often. Yay more shots for me!

1 comment:

Steven said...

Cool pic.