Sunday, March 19, 2006

the giant japanese bowls of udon

I'm very into udon noodles this week, and I really wish I'm back in Osaka where I can get giant bowls of udon ANYTIME! There's a little udon shop called "Doku Doku" near the hotel we were staying. They have great variety of udon bowls and what's interesting is that they let you choose your own portions of udon noodles without extra fairs. Oh, and the udon noodles are handmade at the shop! Yum!

John chose to have a "single" and as a super udon lover I took a "double" with my curry udon. The men sitting close by all got "triple," and that was a LOT of noodles!

And of course beer has to accompany any meal in Japan. We found Asahi was the default beer in Osaka.

Hmmm... curry udon.



please note that John had his beer-dyed "Mr. Brewski" shirt on that day.

No comments: