Monday, March 20, 2006

record bowls

I made some record bowls last night and I loved them a lot! I saw these really cool old records from the store and specifically picked the ones with the RCA record dog and some other awesome records with funky pictures on.

I melted the records in the oven and then shaped them into little funky-shaped bowls. While I was finishing my third record bowl I realized that I had a couple other little projects that I needed to finish, so I asked John to help.

John was glad to help and said he would make really cool ones.

I finished my projects and came out into the kitchen. I then screamed.

John came into the kitchen and asked what was wrong. I said, "Look at these! They are mangled!" He made funny faces and said, "I did that on purpose. I wanted to make them different."

I felt bad that I made fun of John's artwork and then melted the record bowls again and remade them into the "proper" ones. I love John, but for now I have to make the record bowls bowls.



I'm happy about my record bowl and so is Nuki (in the background.)



John intentionally did this, but Naicha (in the background) stuck her tongue out and turned away from it when I tried to take a picture.

No comments: