Thursday, March 30, 2006

late postcard

My friend Chia Lun (and I call her "chicky") from Taiwan set her goal to visit the 7 wonders of the world. Wherever she visits, she sents me a postcard to share her joy with me, and I love it!

I got a postcard from her in the mail yesterday. She apparently sent it while she was in India. The only thing that confused me was that she dated it 2004.7.5. (7/5/2004).

I emailed her and asked if she dated it wrong. No, she DID send the postcard on July 5, 2004. She said she just barely got the one she sent herself a couple days ago.

I used to work in the post office and knew the fact that a regular postcard going from a country to another takes about 2 weeks to deliver. But apparently this postcard took a year and 9 months to arrive. Now that's some postal mystery...

No comments: