Thursday, June 29, 2006

mikado

We went to the downtown Mikado for lunch after the citizenship ceremony.

John had Gyoza for appetizer, and I had Agedashi tofu. I liked both. Not jumping-up-and-down liked both, but I liked them.

And then the main part of lunch came. John ordered ginger pork and I had the some-friends-said-it's-yummy ramen. The ramen was supposed to be pork broth based (which was meant to be thick and strong) but it didn't quite taste right, and I saw the square-ish corner of a ramen block. Hmm...

I didn't taste John's ginger pork. I think he said it tasted pretty good.. but when I saw the white boiled pork sliced lying on the white plates I didn't even want to give it a try.

Oh, as for the tamago we ordered... it didn't come. The chef had our server bring us grilled eggplant nigiri, which was pretty good... only that I ordered tamago, not eggplant. The lovely server explained that they ran out of tamago. If you ask me, I'd say they didn't make tamago that day.

My friend Brian worked at Mikado for a while and I heard many good things about the place; however our lunch that was about $45 (including tips) was really not worth that much. Maybe we just didn't ordered all of the right items.

No comments: