Wednesday, August 30, 2006

please don't waste water

I've noticed many times that the lawns that belong to the city are ultra green and pretty in the summer. While the city is encouraging its people to conserve water, whoever takes care of the lawns is watering the lawns too much, and for too long.

Sometimes the sprklers are on even when it's raining outside. I realize that most of the sprinklers are on timer, but making sure that someone turns off the watering system when it's raining should not be that difficult.

This morning we were driving into downtown and I noticed the excessive water on the city lawns and more just going down the drain. That doesn't look too good to me, and it gets me thinking about our yards. Maybe the city can help watering our lawns using the excessive water that's not going into the city grass any more.

No comments: