Thursday, June 28, 2007

tune in!

I was suprised to know that many more people are listening to our KRCL radio show now. This past Wednesday during our show many listeners called in and commented how much they loved the new Mandarin Chinese Lesson segment of the show. I'm so glad my idea worked... When KRCL was thinking about cancelling the show prior to us new DJs'arrival because of low listenership, I figured we had to "market" our show to non-Chinese speaking listeners... and adding a segment to teach this language over a billion people speak in the world was the way to go. It worked!

Of course I had to teach the mini class in English, and I did. Most listeners that called in that night were actually English speakers, so I guess my little "strategy" worked! I'll continue to make the lessons interesting, and Qiao Liang, Yachi, and myself will make sure the show stays good and stays on.

When: Wednesday nights from 7pm - 8:30pm Mountain Time
Where: KRCL 90.0 FM Salt Lake City, or online at KRCL.org

Tune in!

No comments: