Monday, August 13, 2007

saigon pho

Fumi's girlfriend Jenny recommended that we try Pho from "Saigon Pho", and we did. It's located in "Little Mexico" or "Little Saigon" (you can call the area either way because there were many South American shops and markets, and also many Vietnamnese shops and markets there) near Redwood Road.


The restaurant was simple and clean, and the servers were happy and helpful. We had the pork rice paper rolls as an appetizer, and the mint leaves in the rolls are interestingly yummy, and the dip was good, too. I did wish the dip would have been spicier, but it was good.


I had the "Saigon Pho Special" rice noodle soup. Yummy. The soup was light but ver flavorful.


John had their house special "Egg noodles with Duck Soup". I tasted some of the soup and it reminded me of a soy sauce stew that I make sometimes. John was especially delightly about the big piece of duck meat.

Hmmm... I think I need some yummy Pho again pretty soon.

No comments: