Tuesday, August 21, 2007

my b-day cake

People asked me if I baked anything for my birthday this year. No, I didn't, and I almost didn't get to have my birthday cake.

It seems like that birthdays are not that big of a deal any more after high school. However, each year John and I will still try to go to a nice restaurant, or pay visits to somewhere fun... but birthday cakes? I really haven't had a real birthday cake for a while.

Anyhow, for my birthday this year we went to IKEA and picked up a couple great shelves for my craft room, and while we were there we had to have their apple cake; and this time we also had their chocolate cake... so yes, these are my birthday cakes this year.

apple cake

Yummy apple cake. ALWAYS yummy.

chocolate cake

Chocolate Mousse Cake.

The chocolate mousse cake was suprisingly yummy! The mousse was smooth and delicious, but not too sweet or heavy, and the chocolate cake layer was moise and light. Yummy yummy.

No comments: