Monday, July 21, 2008

korean pickled cucumbers

EC and I went to Myung-Ga Korean Tofu & BBQ House last week and when we were looking at the menu I noticed that at the last page there were pickled cucumbers and Kimchi "for sale." 5 dollars each.

I loved their pickled cucumbers so I ordered a "container" (32 oz. according to the menu, but I was not sure of it) of the pickled cucumbers to take home after our lunch.

korean side dishes
The pickled cucumbers are on the top left among the side dieshes.


These cucumbers are so delicious! They look really red but only slightly spicy. I searched online trying to find the recipe but didn't see any that "looks" similar to the ones I bought. I did find out another way to make Korean pickled cucumbers. These look very yummy, too. Maybe I should try it some time.

On a side note, I really like how the rice was served in a small stone pot at Korean restaurants. Some of my friends don't quite like the slightly burned (toasty) rice on the bottom of the pot because it's really hard to get all the rice out, but I've found out that I'm really good at "flipping" the bottom of the rice over and can enjoy the slightly chewy-crispy-hard-toasty rice either by itself or mixed-in with the tofu soup!

crispy rice
Toasty rice!

No comments: