Friday, October 17, 2008

blue polka dot notebook cover

I was searching for a cute little notebook that I can keep my "Tokyo trip winter '08" plans and notes in, but I didn't see anything I liked, so I decided to make a notebook cover myself.

notebook cover project
I found a cheap-o notebook and a blue polka dot dish towel at the dollar store.


notebook cover
Then I cut off the excess fabric and stiched up the edges.


vinyl flap
I used two layers of vinyl to create a "flap" to go inside the front cover. I was trying to do this on the sewing machine but with no luck, so I stitched it by hand (whip stiches?).


vinyl flap
Now I have a little flap to store my ticket stabs or receipts in during the trip.


blue polka dot notebook cover
Blue polka dots. Yay!


Now I just need to transfer "trip research notes" into the notebook, and see if I'm going to cross stitch some cute little things on the cover.

No comments: