Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Paris 2011 - Conciergerie



With our Paris Museum Pass in hand, we proceeded to go and visited the Conciergerie. We stayed in line in the cold for a little while, and as we approached the securities we were guided to go through an "express" line because we had our passes in hand. Cool.



From what I saw, the Conciergerie was connected to the courthouse.



I really didn't know what to expect before going into the Conciergerie. All I knew was that it was a palace, and then a prison for Marie Antoinette and prisoners during the French Revolution.

When I walked in I was surprised to see that part of the Conciergerie was used as an art gallery, and the art it was displaying were visually very stimulating. Here are some of them:




This was my favorite. Very intriguing.



And we watched a short film. Lots of vultures. Pretty scary and interesting.







We then walked upstairs to check out the old prison cells (with life-size wax figures), including the one where Marie Antoinette was held. There were lots of documents about the history to read about, too.

No comments: