Saturday, February 11, 2006

mung bean soup 綠豆湯

I'm loving the crock pot right now. I still don't use it that often but I've been using it to make soup, stew, rice, and I just made some 綠豆 lv4 dou4 (Mung Beans)soup in it and it came out great! I like having it chilled. This soup is actually a more deserty kind of soup, so don't freak out when you read about the "cold bean soup." It's actually very delish.

My mom gave me a thermo cooking pot that was very useful as well. However with the thermo pot you have to actually cook your food in the inner pot and then insert it in the special-designed thermo pot. With the crock pot all I did was to rinse the uncooked mung beans and throw them into the crock pot and let it cook on its own for a few hours. I added some rock sugar to it at the end of the cooking cycle before I chilled it.

John doesn't seem to be too excited about my mung bean soup at this point, but I may just have to force him to try some anyway since it's so yummy!

No comments: