Friday, May 25, 2007

when they go out of town

The long Memorial Day weekend is here, and I've noticed that several of the morning regular customers from the City building were already gone. People had been talking about their plans to "go out of town" for the past few days, and then I started thinking about this question again: While so many people want to "go out of town," where exactly do they go, and are there people "coming in to town" as well?

I know it's a silly question, but it's just really odd that whenever there's a long(er) holiday weekend, the city is a lot more quiet than usual, which is fine, but are there towns (other than tourist towns, of course,) that get busy?

I know I've posted similar blog entries about this, but this is all I can think of on a slow morning at the beginning of a long weekend... every time!

No comments: