Monday, January 28, 2008

new golden dragon

John and I went to the New Golden Dragon for dim sum yesterday. It was not our first time there, but we did try some things that we had been waiting for to try in the past.

dim sum
I love dim sum in all its forms!


BBQ pork
Broiled BBQ pork. I first tried this when Jenny took me there. These are of limited quantities each day, so you've got to get to the restaurant early enough (before 1:30pm) to try it. It's really good!


fried fish with roe
Fried fish filled with fish roe. OK it tastes way better than it sounds. It's yummy!


fried fish with roe
The fish was FILLED with roe!


hot pepper
Watch out for the really spicy hot peppers!


sticky rice wrapped in lotus leaves
Sticky rice wrapped in lotus leaves... I have to post this one, because I had actually seen someone eat it with the lotus leaves still wrapped around it. You eat the yummy rice inside WITHOUT the leaves.


piles of buns
The family sitting next to us had piles of buns on their table... Someone REALLY likes those buns!


"chicken tail" buns
These were the buns the family next to us really liked. They're called "chicken tail" buns because they are shaped like a chicken tail. There was sweet coconut filling inside.


We had a couple more dishes that I didn't take pictures of. I was just enjoying my food too much at the time.

If you like dim sum, you'd love New Golden Dragon!

New Golden Dragon
1518 South Main Street
Salt Lake City, Utah
(801) 487-9888

No comments: