Friday, February 01, 2008

california nuts

My friend Joyce went to visit a relative in California, whose family own many nut/fruit/vegetable/egg/dairy farms. She went with a small bag and returned with a big box of goodies!

She brought me some walnuts, almonds, and dried fruit of some sort... They were really delicious! She also gave me some packaged nori (seaweed) with festive Chinese New Year Hello Kitty on them. They were so cute!

california nuts


Joyce also told me about how the family grows their own food... it made me want to seriously start planning for our garden.

I've been telling John that I want to grow Japanese cucumbers and jalapenos, and his response has been, "You don't want to grow them. You just want the harvest." Hmm. He knows me well, and he's got a point.

1 comment:

Kitty said...

Yummy. The Hello Kitty seawead packaging is super cute. What a nice friend. Enjoy!
hugs