Monday, February 04, 2008

cherry coke chicken

I made some Cherry Coke chicken in my slow cooker (crock pot) this weekend. Actually it's Cherry Coke Zero chicken because that was what I used in the recipe.

I almost forgot to make it, so in order to cut down the cooking time, I boiled the chicken drumsticks in water with a little bit of sake (rice wine) prior to putting them into the slow cooker. It worked very well this way. :)

cherry coke chicken
This is what went into the pot: drumsticks, 1 can of Chrry Coke Zero, 1 cup soy sauce, 1 cup water, 1 tablespoon dry chopped chives, 1 tablespoon chopped garlic, 6 dry Asian red hot pepper, and about 2 tablespoons "rock candy" (the semi-transparant little cubes in the photo) or sugar.


cherry coke chicken
I cooked these drumsticks in the slow cooker on high for just under 4 hours. They turned out very tender, flavorful, and delicious!


Usually the Coke chicken calls for regular Coke, but since we only had Cherry Coke Zero at home, that was what I used. The dish turned out great!

No comments: