Tuesday, June 17, 2008

OSAKA: nissin instant ramen museum

Japanese instant ramen noodles are yummy, and it all started with Monofuku Ando who invented the world's first cup of instant noodles at age 48!

And who knows, there's a museum in Japan to honor Ando, and it's called The Monofuku Ando Instant Ramen Museum. According to their web site, visitors can learn how to make the noodles from scratch (with class fee) and create their very own cup of instant ramen with the ingredients and spices they choose.

I read all about it before we headed off to Japan, but didn't end up going after all. Sad. I really wanted to make my own cup of instant ramen!

nissin ramen bus
I did see a special Nissin Chicken Ramen bus when I was in Osaka. I guess that would have to do until I go and visit the museum.

No comments: