Saturday, June 07, 2008

mustache... NOT!

I realized late last night that I didn't even turn on the screen on my laptop at all yesterday. Interesting. I guess I was just a bit too busy yesterday. I don't think that had ever happened in the past!

Anyhow, I'm still making the same purple little bear... a few stitches at a time. It actually doesn't take too long to crochet different parts of the bear, but I just take my time...

I've finished crocheting all parts of the bear, and I just need to put them all together. I was having a little trouble with his nose and mouth, and eyes. I don't have any black embroidery thread for his nose and mouth, so I used regular black thread, which apparently didn't work well. I think I'm going to re-do it.

I was also trying to find cute little beady bear eyes for my purple bear, but couldn't find them at the stores, so I decided to use black little buttons instead. They seem to work fine. :)

bear head
I haven't sewn but just pinned his ears on, and he reminded me of Lei Fang, one of the characters of Dead or Alive video games!


John looked at the bear's head and asked, "why does he have a mustache?"

It's not his mustache! It's his mouth! I guess I really have to re-do it.

1 comment:

Kitty said...

Cute. Cute. Cute