Tuesday, April 14, 2009

chicken and carrot curry soba

I was going to make curry soba, but found I didn't have onions (which I almost always add to my curry,) nor regular soba, hence this chicken and carrot curry brown soba.

curry soba
The brown soba looked a bit dark-green-ish(!) in the picture.


I cook the brown soba first, run it under cold water, and set aside. I then use a little bit of olive oil and stir-fry sliced chicken breast, and when it's fully cooked I stir in a can of carrots. Pour in adequate amount of Memmi and water (ratio 1:12, I think I poured in about 1/4 C Memmi and 3 C water) and allow it to come to a boil before adding 2 "chunks" (the kind that comes in a flat box, or 2 slightly heap-y tablespoons powder) curry. Allow it to simmer for a few more minutes. Thicken the curry with a little bit of Katakuriko (potato starch) water. Done.

Pour over cooked brown soba, cover, and heat in the microwave for a couple minutes. Sprinkle with Shichimi and serve.

No comments: