Thursday, April 02, 2009

fried rice with hot dogs

When I was younger I loved the fried rice my mother sometimes made with Taiwanese sauces. When I have cold cooked rice in the fridge and Taiwanese sausages in hand, I'd make the dish, too.

But the other day I wanted to make some Taiwanese sausage fried rice and found that there was only big Kosher hot dogs in our fridge... I like rice, and I like hot dogs, and therefore I put them together to make some fried rice with cut-up Kosher hot dogs!

fried rice with hot dogs


I cut up a hot dog, fry it first, and then add the corn and rice. After everything seems heated, I season it with hondashi (Japanese powdered seasoning dashi) and shichimi. Yum.

fried rice with hot dogs
I added some frozen broccoli another time, and it was really good, too.

No comments: