Wednesday, March 05, 2008

green papaya

Joanne, Sharon, and I went to lunch at Pho Green Papaya out in West Valley yesterday. It was beautifully decorated and I really liked the plates and glasses they use.

green papaya
I love the red doors!


All 3 of us got their lunch special (7.95). It came with a Vietnamese shrimp rolls and a mini bowl of Pho for appetizer, and we got to choose 2 entrees each.

spring rolls
I really liked the peanut dipping sauce that came with the spring rolls.


mini pho
The soup in the mini pho (I can pick up all the noodles all at once with my chopsticks.) was delicious!


lunch set
I chose Red curry with chicken and grilled pork slices. They were both yummy, and I loved the bento box!


I also got a Thai Iced Tea (2.50)... it was good, but the photo didn't' come out on my camera. I think there's a glitch on the disk.

The interior and deco were very Asian yet modern and cool. I really enjoyed the atmosphere there. The only thing I was a bit confused about was whether it's more of a Vietnamese restaurant or a Thai one... but with its full name being "Pho Green Papaya", I guess it was a Vietnamese restaurant.

green papaya
I love their interior. Hey the table was not wiped clean.


Anyhow, it's a lovely place and I'm going to take John there and try some of their regular entrees some time.

No comments: