Thursday, March 13, 2008

rice and korean nori

I love eating white rice with nori (seasoned seaweed), and I've been doing it since I was little. I had always used the packaged nori that was cut into small rectangular pieces, which is usually from Taiwan or Japan.

Recently I found out that the Korean nori is even better with rice! These slightly larger pieces (but not as large as the ones used in making sushi rolls) are thinner and lighter, and when you wrap it around the cooked rice you can still bite it into pieces easy. (The Japanese and Taiwanese ones are usually harder to be seperated into small pieces once you wrap around rice... at least for me. :o)

rice and nori
Most of the Korean nori I found are in packages similar to this one.


rice and nori
So this is a quick lunch/snack for me!


The Taiwanese and Japanese nori, however, will be a better choice when wrapping up mochi and other ingredients other than just plain rice. The Korean nori is probably too "britle" for these uses.

No comments: