Wednesday, March 12, 2008

silicone brush

I've seen these silicone brushes in the stores and wondered who would buy them... they just don't look like they'd be better than traditional pasty or oil brushes. Then I read from a couple bakers talk about how wonderful these silicone brushes are. Some bakers like to use them when brushing egg yorks, oils, or butter on pastries, and no bristles will stick onto the surfaces of the pastires. I guess since there's no bristles there won't be any sticking on anything. They are also great for glazing, odor-free, and very easy to clean.

silicone brush
I really like the wood handles on these.


I decided to buy a couple today... just to test it out. I haven't been making breads or pastries for a while, but I guess I'll have to make something that requires some butter brushing or glazing.

No comments: