Saturday, March 15, 2008

hisa

After saying goodbye to Kaori, we said goodbye to another Japanese friend Hisa this week. He came as an exchange student 7 months ago, and it was time for him to return to Japan and finish his college degree.

I have to admit that when I first saw Hisa I thought he looked sort of like a gangster boy. As time went by and I got to know him and talk to him more I never thought he was gang-y again. haha.

hisa
John, Hisa, and me at the caffe.


His favorite drink at the caffe was a small iced caramel latte with half of the pearls and half of the coconut jelly. Intereting combination... but he swore by it, and got many of his friends to try it, too.

Hisa is fun(ny) and I'm glad I got to know him. He said he would wait for John and I to send him email and updates about the caffe and us. I'm more interested in knowing how him and his girlfriend, a lovely Taiwanese girl who's still in school here, are going to make their long-distance relationship work. I hope it does, because they were a really cute couple.

Good luck with everything, Hisa, and I will write you. See you next time.

No comments: