Monday, August 18, 2008

Thai Siam

EC and I went to Thai Siam a few days ago. It was around 4:30 in the afternoon so the restaurant was pretty quiet. The restaurant probably has a lot of vegetarian customers because they have a fairly extensive vegetarian menu as well.

curry puff
"Curry Puffs"

The Curry Puffs were delicious! I didn't know if they were really Thai, but they were like flakey turnovers with hot curry insides. Yummy.

Thai green papaya salad
"Som Tum."


The Som Tum (green papaya salad) was ok... not as flavorful as I thought it would be. I wonder if the shredded green papaya was not marinated long enough.

Thai curry
"Gang Massaman"


We ordered the Gang Massaman with chicken. It was a creamy Thai curry with lots of peanuts and onions in it. I like the coconut milk in this curry.

When I was looking at the menu I noticed how similar the dish selections at Thai Siam and Sawadee were very similar. John later told me they were owned by the same people. I also saw our server lady at both places. That made sense.

Thai Siam
1435 South State Street
Salt Lake City, Utah 84115
(801) 474-3322

No comments: