Saturday, August 15, 2009

[Portland 07.09] Brunch at Bijou with Brian

One of the reasons we went to Portland this time was to see Brian! He's been out there for about 3 years now, and every time he comes back in town he'd come to see John and I at the caffe, but I missed him EVERY single time! I was really excited to see him in Portland!

We were gonna meet at Bijou for brunch. The restaurant was not too far from the hotel, so John and I walked. (Oh, and on the way there we were stopped at an intersection for a while because someone was shooting a car commercial. Sort of fun.)

mexican food cart
When we were almost there we saw a cool Mexican food cart.


There were a lot of cool food carts on the streets in Portland, and most of them look really nice.

While I was taking a picture of the food cart, someone said "hey!"

brian
It was my buddy Brian!


We walked across street and there was Bijou.

bijou
It was Saturday morning, and there were a lot of people wanting to eat brunch.


bijou
When we finally got seated we were seated by the window. Yay!


brian
Brian was thinking.


john and brian
Both John and Brian were thinking about what to get.


I must admit I do not remember what we got now. All I remember is that Brian got something that Bijou was known for, John got an white cheddar omelette (?) and I got another kind of omlette. The omelette was soft and yummy.

my brunch
Mine.


brian and brunch
Brian's.


brunch
John's.


And yes. Everyone waited until I was done taking the pictures before they started eating(!)

We ate, talked, and ate, and talked. Brian was still Brian! Brunch at Bijou with Brian was fun.

No comments: