Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Paris 2011 - Musee d'Orsay

With our museum pass in hand, there were probably too many great things to see. The evening that Orsay Museum (Musee d'Orsay) opened late we took the night train to go and visit it.


The Musee d'Orsay stop was only a short train-ride away.



At the Musee d'Orsay station.



Musee d'Orsay.


Musee d'Orsay was the only museum that did not allow photograph-taking of the paintings and sculptures inside the museum, so I didn't take any. It was actually nice, because I was just trying to absorb what I was seeing, and loving each moment.

I did snap a few shots when I reached the top of the stairs at the back of the museum. I didn't know if it was allowed, but everyone with a camera was taking a photo of this stunning museum when he's on top of the "towers," so I did, too. (And it was all worth it!)




It was almost overwhelming for me to see the wondrous and inspiring work in the museum. An evening was almost too short for all d'Orsay had to offer, but I tried to take everything in, and to enjoy every little moment when I "felt" the paintings.



Afterward we walked around the museum and enjoyed the chilly breeze by the river.



That was a wonderful, wonderful evening.

No comments: