Saturday I decided to make an omu-yakisoba for John and see if the pan would work for it.
First I made 1 pack of instant yakisoba and set it aside. Then I started making my "omu."
I heated a little bit of butter in the pan, slightly beat 2 eggs with some water, and pour the eggs into the pan.
I quickly realized that 2 eggs were a little too much. One should work better (and would have been enough) next time.
When the eggs were almost set I placed the cooked yakisoba in the center of the pan.
It looks like there was a giant pile of noodles in the picture, but it was only from a single pack of instant yakisoba noodles! I started to wonder if the pan was too small for my "omu-something."
I was right... :( the folding sides couldn't quite fold easily and drop the omelet onto the noodles. There was probably not enough butter on the pan before I pour the eggs in it, and the 2-egg mixture was just too much.
Maybe I should cut back on the pack of cooked yakisoba as well.
I tried to save the omu-yakisoba.
I loosened the eggs from the sides and assisted the flaps to fold with a pair of chopsticks. I then "knock" the silly-looking omu-yakisoba onto a plate. John put some shredded cheese on it, and voila!
Note to myself: more butter (or cooking spray), 1 egg, 1/2 pack of yakisoba.
At least John said my first attempt of omu-yakisoba was yummy. :D